DC Clean River Leaders Briefing 2016
by Chris Weiss, Global Green USA
Some of the Key Organizations and People, Who Are Leading Education and Advocacy Efforts, to Protect Our Rivers in the Washington Metro Region!
This Thursday at NOON, at the offices of Friends of the Earth (1101 15th Street, 11th Floor), join the DC Environmental Network, Global Green USA, Earthjustice, Anacostia Riverkeeper, Anacostia Watershed Society, Potomac Riverkeeper, and many other DC river focused organizations and activists to celebrate the success of advocay and to learn what still needs to be done.
The health of the Anacostia River, Potomac River and Rock Creek, and the quality of our lives, and sustainability of our economy, are intimately connected. There are a number of DC based organizations that have passionately led local and regional efforts to represent the interests of our rivers, its wildlife, and the people who live near its banks. These groups have been actively working on clean water issues long before government and corporations decided that river restoration was good for voters and for business. Join us as a number of key organizations share highlights, through pictures and words, of their current work and vision for the future.
PANEL UPDATE: Brent Blackwelder, Founder, DC Environmental Network; President Emeritus, Friends of the Earth; Founding Boardmember, American Rivers (1973); and current Boardmember, Potomac Riverkeeper Network, will be joining the panel. He will share his perspective after decades of working on clean river issues at the local, national, and international level.
This conversation will be held at the NEW offices of Friends of the Earth & Green Cross International, 1101 15th Street NW, 11th Floor.
Our Clean River Panelists:
- Brent Blackwelder, Founder, DC Environmental Network; President Emeritus, Friends of the Earth; Founding Boardmember, American Rivers (1973); and current Boardmember, Potomac Riverkeeper Network
- Brent Bolin, Chesapeake Regional Director, Clean Water Action
- Jennifer Chavez, Staff Attorney, Earthjustice
- James Foster, President, Anacostia Watershed Society
- Emily Franc, Anacostia Riverkeeper
- Chris Weiss, Executive Director, DC Environmental Network, Director, Washington, DC Office, Global Green USA (Moderator)
Hope to see you on May 5th.