DC Clean River Leaders Networking Event!
by Chris Weiss, Global Green USA
Join DCEN, and Some of the Organizations and People Who Are Leading Education and Advocacy Efforts to Protect Our Rivers, for our Monthly Networking Opportunity.
The health of the Anacostia River, Potomac River and Rock Creek, and the quality of our lives, and sustainability of our economy, are intimately connected.
There are a number of DC based organizations that have passionately led local and regional efforts to represent the interests of our rivers, its wildlife, and the people who live near its banks.
These groups have been actively working on clean water issues long before government and corporations decided that river restoration was good for voters and for business.
On May 5th at Noon, join the DC Environmental Network, and five of the most active river advocacy organizations in the region, as they give participants highlights, through pictures and words, of their current work and vision for the future. You must RSVP here to attend.
This conversation will be held at the NEW offices of Friends of the Earth & Green Cross International, 1101 15th Street NW, 11th Floor.
Our Clean River Leaders Panelists:
- Brent Bolin, Chesapeake Regional Director, Clean Water Action
- Jennifer Chavez, Staff Attorney, Earthjustice
- James Foster, President, Anacostia Watershed Society
- Emily Franc, Anacostia Riverkeeper
- Rebecca Hammer, Staff Attorney, Water Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Chris Weiss, Executive Director, DC Environmental Network, Director, Washington, DC Office, Global Green USA (Moderator)
Hope to see you on May 5th.